What is the Healthy Mouth Baseline?
The Healthy Mouth Baseline is a tool used by Dr. Maher as a standard for setting goals. The health of your mouth affects the health of the rest of your body. We promote good oral healthcare as a crucial part of your overall health and well-being, and the Healthy Mouth Baseline helps us determine where we should focus.
The Health Mouth Baseline
- The ability to eat and drink comfortably at all times regardless of temperature of food
- Strong, solid teeth, free from decay
- Pink gums
- Measurement of gum pocket depths are either nonexistent or less than 3 mm
- Margins between the gum tissue and teeth are within normal limits without exposing too much tooth or root
- The ability to brush and floss without swollen or bleeding gums
- Freedom from signs of oral cancer
- Normal saliva production
- Crowns and fillings are in great shape and free from signs of wear, cracks, or leaks
- Minimal spaces between the teeth and gums that would allow food to get stuck
- Well-spaced teeth that are easy to floss
- Good teeth alignment to allow good brushing and flossing and minimize abnormal or excessive wear on teeth
- A full set of healthy teeth and the ability to chew comfortably
- Reasonable and normal wear on teeth without signs of chipping, cracking, fractures, or looseness
- The ability to smile confidently
At my last visit, I was impressed with the speed my cleaning was done. Hiring a new assistant and using the computer to record my info is really a time ... Read More
It was as usual a pleasant, punctual and professional appointment... from Fran to Lois to Dr. Maher.
I appreciated the thoroughness of Lois and the extra examination of my throat ... Read More